"Look! He Walks Again...!"

Friday, June 25, 2010

Sarala says...

"Look! He walks again...!"
Now...I guess I should provide a little back-story.

We were in the parking lot of an Old Navy.

As it were...I was rockin' my standard flip-flips, which are always a necessity to those of you that know me.

I had just gotten Sarala out of the car...took one step...

and...

the stupid flip-flop broke...

and...

the total weight of me went into my big toe, which then went straight into the asphalt.

Now, I would've included a photo but the graphic content may be a little much.

As a result,

a layer of the front of my toe was essentially scraped back, or actually to the side...

and the impending weight resulted, in...I hope...a jammed toe.

It looks pretty rough though.


To come back to Sarala's comment...Crystal and Sarala went inside to purchase me some new flip-flops while I tended to my toe with the first-aid kit..

As I slip on the new flip-flops and take a step...

Sarala, dramatically says...
"Look! He walks again...!"

I love the intensity...the concern...but ultimately...

her outlook on things.

It helped return me to Earth...reality...

that my toe is just a toe...

and yes...

I can still walk.

0 comments: