Old Man Basketball...

Sunday, December 14, 2008

I haven't touched a basketball since last season...March. I played a pick-up game of basketball for the first time since last winter last night. Wow...I'm out of shape and not as quick as I used to be. The game we played was "21." This is a game that puts everyone against everyone else. The game is generally the same, but as I've found with a lot of other things....there are some regional specifics. So, we played and it eventually played into a type of what I like to call "old man basketball."

Old man basketball is a game where there are a lot of "three-pointer's" shot. Yes...I'm guilty. It seems like every rebound I got...didn't drive the lane...pulled it out and bombed. Now, I used to be a great shooter. I didn't have quite enough leg in my shots though...you could tell since there were more than a few air-balls. I was able to make my free throws until I started sucking air. At that point...I was pretty much done.

Even though I can't do what I was able to at one point in my life...I still enjoy the game. It provides a great opportunity to get out and hang with the guys. We talk about whatever...joke around...just have fun. So...even though I'm not as good as I once was...I'm still game for some ball....

0 comments: