San Francisco...baby

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The trip was amazing. It was the birthplace of our little baby. We were back to make her an official member of the Buckman family. Amazing! I know I use this adjective a lot, but it really was. The conversations had with traveler and native San Franciscan's alike were great. The scenery was reflective of God's glory. The interaction we had with people was also reflective of God's glory. This got me thinking about how we are supposed to love people, regardless. It can be tough sometimes. For example, one of the two rude people we encountered, both on the same trolley, was the driver. I was very irritated at first because of her rudeness. As I now think about it, I imagine she encounters some crazy things as a driver of a cable car in San Fran. I should have had a better attitude while talking to her.

Some of the other conversations had with people were pretty awesome though. I'm thinking that I should have taken a digital recorder and, with their permission of course, talked to them about specifics. For example, a lot of the people seemed genuinely happy. This goes back to my earlier post about choosing "happy." I wonder if they're choosing happiness amongst the chaos of the city, or what. I don't know. I would like to think that they're choosing to be happy about things. Even with 4 dollar a gallon gas, which explains why many of them were using public transportation, the weather was beautiful and happiness was present. There are some amazing sights out there. God's creation is evident...which makes me wonder why I don't pay attention to that sort of stuff here at AV. Again, I don't know.

2 comments:

Michael Goldsmith said...

Congrats Wade and Crystal!! Love the new pic in San Fran!

Crys said...

Thanks Goldie!! We are so very excited!! We are a little tired today but had an AMAZING visit. Sarala social worker, now friend, Angie is a jewel. She made the whole weekend special. We had been looking forward to this day but never anticipated the true peace that we would have knowing that Sarala is truly our baby girl. This has been great adventure and many people have blessed our lives. God has been so good to us. Angie worked very hard to make everything smooth and wonderful while we were in San Fran.
Now we are excited about our next step. We are committed to raising Sarala is a home where she will know all the special people in her life love her, her mom and dad love her to death, and she has a Savior that has created her with a very special plan in mind. I pray she always knows that Jesus loves her very much. I sure know he loves Wade and I... He has sent us such a blessing!!