When You Find Yourself In The City...

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday was supposed to be spent in Chicago...the whole weekend actually...culminating in a U2 concert. Well...everything, and I mean EVERYTHING seemed to go wrong as I was actually planning the specifics of the trip.

I mean...as this is posting...Crystal and I should be listening to some live U2 at Soldier Field in Chi-town...but alas...I'm here in the valley ;)

Anyway...I thought I had covered myself quite well...done an amazing job for Crystal's birthday by planning this trip last spring, buying tickets, and alotting a budget so we could truly enjoy ourselves...despite the fact that school is in full swing.

So...with all my "eggs" in one basket...the basket was taken from me...thrown to the ground and spat upon...the "eggs" shattered along with it...we didn't go.

The weekend worked out though...quite well...which means we probably weren't meant to go since the weekend spent closer to home went very smooth...was fairly stress free.

  • 12 West in Farm-town is an amazing place to eat...great atmosphere, great food, and fairly priced....
  • Bauhaus Kaffee is fantastic for coffee, a great cookie, and live music on Friday nights
  • St. Louis Art Festival in Clayton proved to be a blast...art + food + music = awesome

The only thing that may have been a little questionable was...this older gentleman I walked past while at the Festival.

Now...mind you...it was in the city...so......yes.

I was pushing Sarala in the stroller as we were walking around, persuing the various art booths and eatery options and I saw these legs + stiletto's heading my way.

Now, I'm normally not one to check out the chicks, considering I AM married...but I was trying to get Sarala's stroller over one of those things that covers a bunch of wires...and I notice these heels and legs in my line of sight.

As I look up to see who it is...so I don't run them over;)...out of curiosity...I find that it is an older, quite old gentleMAN who was wearing some very...short...shorts, a scarf, beret, but was rockin' a full Santa-esque beard and stiletto's.

I imagine he would get mistaken for Santa...if Santa wore heels and showed some leg ;)

Apparently he's about comfort...as I am not about passing judgement, but I was thrown for a little bit...the equilibrium rocked as this is something that one wouldn't normally see around AV and I wasn't quite prepared.

So...just remember that when you're in the city...that...you're IN THE CITY!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's the "City"

Gregg

WB said...

I guess it would technically be "Clayton"...almost "U-City"...not quite Iron-town...